TheBalm - Mary LouManizer Review + Swatches

The new "in" thing in the makeup universe is the world of Contouring and Highlighting.
Both contour & highlight are optional steps in your makeup routine and to be honest, I couldn't be bothered with them..............until I bought this highlighter.


First things first, let's just take a moment to admire and drool at this ADORABLE packaging.
The cute classic 50's looking packaging was definitely a contributing factor of my purchase.
I absolutely LOVE the whole theme of this entire line.

Besides the cuteness, the compact is strong and sturdy. Also a handy mirror is included inside.

The best part in my opinion is that you can actually multi-purpose this and use it as an eyeshadow!!!!

The Mary Loumanizer is a very light gold, champagne coloured powder in compact form. It leaves a frosty finish and there are warm undertones. It's very beautiful on all skin tones.
A point to note though, that when used as a highlight it's very intense and can easily look unnatural on darker skin tones if too much is applied and not blended properly.

What I love about this highlighter is that its shimmery but NOT glittery.
You know what I mean?
Like there's a gorgeous pearlescent sheen but there aren't ginormus flecks of glitter scattered on my face.

You can achieve both subtle natural and dramatic effects with the Mary Lou.
There's a LOT of product in this compact (8.5g), so it'll last you a good while and you're definitely getting what you pay for.

I bought mine at beauty.com here for $24

Now, on to the swatches!!

This was taken in Natural Light

This was taken with my flash

As you can see, it's definitely a pigmented highlight (but fear not, it blends like a dream).
Unless of course you like your highlight intense, then you do you boo ;)

It's also equally stunning when used as an eyeshadow.
The texture is buttery smooth and soft to the touch.
There's very little fall out.

I do think this product is worth the money and all the hype surrounding it.
When (if) I ever run out of it I will certainly be repurchasing.

I really want to get my hands on the Cindy LouManizer which is the pinky version to this one but sadly it's not available on Beauty.com :'(
I'll let you guys know my thoughts and feelings about it when I finally do take the plunge and pick it up ;)

As always, let me know your thoughts and feelings down in the comments! :)
What's your fave highlighter?

Have a great week guys
xxx

Comments