Rimmel ScandalEyes Gel Eye Liner Review + Swatches

Greetings my pretty little Magicians! :)

I bring you yet another makeup review about a Rimmel London product!

This time around I'll be reviewing the ScandalEyes Gel Eye Liner.

This liner comes in a cute little pot of the product with Rimmel's logo on top of it. The also provided a brush with it.
I forgot to take a picture of what it looks like in the packaging, but here's what the product looks like:

No, the product doesn't come with a gaping hole in it, I just couldn't resist trying it out before taking the pictures ;)

Rimmel claims this liner gives:
• Up to 24 hours of rich, intense colour that doesn't flake, smudge, smear or run.
• Easy to apply, glides easily
• Professional brush for complete control to draw the lines you want

I'd say that this is like 80% true.


The formula of the liner is soooo buttery, creamy and smooth!! It's also really lightweight which I love. It applies like a dream!
It's veryyy pigmented and rich in colour.

Here's what a swatch on my wrist looked like:

I just LOVE how dark it is.

However, this came off quite easily for mw with soap and water.
(Although that could be because I washed it off after about 10 minutes of application. Maybe it didn't completely dry yet?)

I haven't worn this liner on my lids for a very long time so I can't say how long lasting it is.

Okay we've discussed the liner. Now let's talk about the brush. *inhales sharply*

I wanted to love this brush guys. I really did.
Sadly the brush was the most frustrating thing for me to use.
(I don't know if it's just me. Let me know in the comments how you guys feel about the brush)

The outer bristles picked up excess product and as a result I could never get a clean line! Overall I felt like the brush was difficult to use.
My line was just not coming out uniform and it took me sooo long to get my liner to look decent enough for the eye swatch picture! 

Which by the way, here they are:

These were taken with my flash. And no products on my eyes besides the liner.

 



This picture was taken in natural light.



When applying the liner, the brush kept trailing small dots of product on areas where the liner should not be.
I also want it noted, that I DID clean up around and on top of the line with a makeup remover wipe so that it'd look decent.

There's no problem with doing that of course, but it's a bit too time consuming for everyday use.
Does anyone else have problems with this brush? Please tell me, I'd like to know lol :)
Maybe I got a defective one or something.

The liner brush from the Maybelline EyeStudio gel liners is an awesome drugstore liner brush in my opinion. Next time I'll try using that brush with this liner instead.

The liner itself is AMAZING though. Don't let the brush put you off from buying it!
You can check it out here :)

As always, if you have any thoughts or opinions, I'd love to hear them!
Drop me a comment below :)

Until next time my loves
xxx

Comments

Popular Posts