Sugarpill Heartbreaker Palette Review + Swatches

Hello my loves!

How are you all doing?
It's Music Festival season right now and this is when everyone breaks out their fun festive sides.

If you're looking for gorgeous vibrant makeup to wear, then Sugarpill is DEFINITELY the answer to your prayers ;)

The Heartbreaker Palette is surely a wise choice for you.

here's the beauty in all her glory :')

As you can see, these colours are definitely not for the faint of heart.
But hey, everyone should experiment every once in a while ;)

I bought this palette a while ago along with the Burning Heart palette while it was on sale for Black Friday for about $25 each.

Normally they're $34 on Sugarpill's website.
You can find it here :)

I absolutely adore this palette. The colours are so fun and pigmented.

This was taken WITHOUT my flash and in natural sunlight :)


  This was taken with the flash.
 
Included in this palette are 4 bold shades called  Mochi, 2am, Acidberry & Velocity.
 
A single pressed shadow retails for $12 a pop so if you get the palette, you're actually saving $14!!!
(Which is a pretty sweet deal if you ask me)
 
 I bet you're all wondering if these bright, beautiful colours are up to par in the pigmentation department.
 
Here are the shadows swatched in Natural Light:
 
Top L-R: Acidberry, Velocity, 2am, Mochi
Bottom L-R: Acidberry, Velocity, 2am, Mochi on NYX Jumbo Pencil in "Milk" base

 

 Here are the swatched shadows taken with my flash on:
Top L-R: Acidberry, Velocity, 2am, Mochi
Bottom L-R: Acidberry, Velocity, 2am, Mochi on NYX Jumbo Pencil in "Milk" base
                          
(Okay, so I didn't realise this picture came out blurry......my bad!!)
 
- Acidberry is the most gorgeous vibrant lime green I've ever seen! It takes about two swipes to get it to optimum opacity but to me that's not really a set back. Once applied it has a wonderful pearly sheen to it. Also there's the slightest shimmer to it that totally adds to the beauty of this shadow :)
 
- Velocity is an incredibly pigmented bold loud royal blue. It's matte but it's not powdery or chalky. It feels soft and glides on smoothly. The colour is really buildable so you can decide how opaque you want it to be.
 
- 2am is a pinkish purple shade with flecks of glitter scattered throughout it. It's soft and buttery and applies effortlessly. A faint whisper of a pearly sheen is also consistent with this shadow.
 
- Mochi is a light cool-toned matte turquoise greenish colour and it's the least pigmented shade in the palette. It took me quite a while to build up this colour. It was honestly a bit frustrating to work with. The shadow itself was hard and I had to swirl my finger in the pan several times to get some colour payoff. Even when the colour showed up on my finger it was so difficult to transfer the pigment onto my wrist. 
I was ultra sad about it because Mochi is such a different colour, I've never seen anything like it before.
(*I have a feeling that my Mochi was probably a faulty one).
 
 
I also swatched the shadows on top of a white base (NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk)  just to test how vividly they'd show up.
 
As you can see from my bottom row of swatches in natural light, it did help the colours to appear more solid and bright.
 
Acidberry and 2am definitely looked more opaque and full. The white base brought out the full potential of these two shadows.
Velocity looks pretty much the same to me. This should be an indication of how deeply pigmented it is.
Mochi, also shows up pretty okay with the base. In my opinion Mochi definitely needs a base in order for it to stand out. 
 
Despite my disappointment with Mochi, I love this palette. The colour selection is great and it beckons for you to get in touch with your creative side.
I would recommend always using a base so you get the maximum opacity with your shadows.
 
Do any of you guys have this palette?
Does your Mochi work? (Please let me know lol)
I'm considering buying the single shadow in Mochi because it's such a unique colour and I'm so sad mine isn't pigmented.
 
 
Until next time my pretties!!
xxx

Comments

Popular Posts