Sleek iDivine Acid Palette Review + Swatches



Sleek is a renowned makeup brand based in the UK. I've heard a lot of amazing things about them, so I decided to try a few of their palettes.

The first palette I ever purchased from Sleek was the Acid palette and I bought it off of Amazon from this seller here.

Now, on to why you really came here. Let's check out this baby :)



There a 12 shades in this palette, a mixture of mattes and shimmers.
The colours are beautiful right?
Some of these shades aren't FDA approved (as most neon pigments aren't) and they're not safe for use around the immediate eye area. They are approved in Europe and Canada though.

Just putting it out there that I've used these colours on my lids and nothing horrific happened to me, but it's entirely up to you whether you want to use it or not :)

I love the packaging of this palette.
True to its brand name, the palette is indeed "sleek" (I see what you guys did there) and it's light but also very sturdy. It comes with a fantastic sized mirror as well! 

Right, so far we've established that the colours and the packaging are both pretty nifty.
Now how do these colours actually hold up? Are they true to their appearance?

Sadly, this is where these shadows fall short.
I'm very new to swatching shadows and I didn't use any primer or base under them, but here are my swatches:

Top row of Shadows L-R


 
Bottom row of Shadows L-R
As you can see the colour payoff isn't that great. Also just by looking at it you can tell that some of the shadows are chalky. Let's talk about these shadows and their quality.

Top Row (L-R):

-  The first shadow is a gorgeous deep pink with a slight bit of shimmer to it. This is one of my favourite colours in the palette, its warm and will compliment most skin tones.

-  The second shadow is a matte white but the pigmentation is poor. It barely shows up at all. I had to rub this shadow really hard and layer it about 3 times just for it to show up!

-The third shadow is a brilliant matte yellow. To me this shadow applied very "streaky" and I'll rate its pigmentation about 3/5.

- The fourth shade is a warm matte orange. To me, this gives off a more peachy tone when swatched. It's definitely not a bright orange, but this colour would be a great transition shade :)

- The fifth shade is a shimmery deep blue. This shadow is so buttery and graciously pigmented! It adds a wonderful pop of colour.

- The sixth shadow is a wonderful shimmery teal colour. This is my favourite shadow in the entire palette. (Seriously, if you hate all the other colours in this palette, buy it for just this one colour!!)
It's so richly pigmented and buttery soft!

Bottom Row (L-R):
(*Before talking about the shadows, I just wanted to say that I rotated the second picture so that the shadows would be in order and that's why my arm looks weird lol!)

-  The first shadow is a pretty mild purple-violet. It's matte and unfortunately not very pigmented. Such a shame too, since it's such a beautiful colour :(

-  The second shadow is a matte khaki/camo green. This shadow was more pigmented than the other matte shades. If I had to rate it I'd say it was a 4/5.

-  The third shadow is a matte hot pink and upon application was quite patchy and not very pleasurable to work with. It's difficult to apply this shadow evenly.

-  The fourth shadow is a bright matte neon green. In the palette this looks like a true neon colour. However when applied, it's not very pigmented and it's considerably patchy.

-  The fifth shadow is definitely my second fave in the entire palette. It's a shimmery gunmetal silver. This shadow applies magnificently and it's buttery soft! (You might be able to see an imprint of my finger on this shade in the picture of my palette. That's how soft the shadow was!)  
You NEED this shadow in your life!

-  The sixth and final shadow is a true matte black. It's definitely the most pigmented matte in the palette. It applied truly opaque but it does have the capacity to be patchy.


Now, regarding the texture of the shadows:

All of the mattes are VERY chalky. Especially the black.
Also, they have a LOT of fallout. Keep this in mind before doing your full face makeup.
They aren't very pigmented either, but this is to be expected with most neon shades.
However, if you wear a white base under them, their true colour shines!
I like to use the Nyx Jumbo Pencil in "Milk".
(You can see how some of the matte brights look over the jumbo pencil base by checking out my photo on instagram here

The shimmery shades are buttery soft and wonderfully pigmented! The fallout of these shades are much less as compared to the matte shades.


With all this being said, what's the benefit of buying this palette?

There comes a point in life when you get tired of the same everyday neutral routine. Sometimes you just crave that pop of colour. Or maybe you just want to step out of your comfort zone.
This palette gives you a great variety to accomplish those things!
Also it's a fraction of the cost of the Urban Decay Electric Palette ($49).
The Sleek iDivine Acid palette retails for about $12.

If you're looking to ease out of your comfort zone and start experimenting with colour, you may want to give this palette a try.
If you're looking for intensely pigmented neon shadows, this may not be the best palette for you.

I don't regret buying this palette, but I probably wouldn't repurchase it.
I look forward to trying other items from Sleek though! :)

What about you guys? Do any of you have this palette? What are your thoughts? If you don't have it are you thinking of getting it?


Let me know in the comments below!! :)
xx

Comments

Popular Posts