SLEEK ACID PALETTE TUTORIAL: GLAM RAINBOW EYES MAKEUP TUTORIAL! :)

Every once in a while we all get that urge to make our eyelids look like a unicorn threw up on them. (Or is that just me?)

This look was actually not inspired by rainbows. I was looking at my Sleek Acid Palette one night and I was thinking about ways to actually subtly incorporate bright colors into my normal looks.
Then I stopped.....
Why the hell was I always focused on the "normal"??
So for once, I just let my hands move on their own. I didn't think about where to place what color.
I just let my creativity run wild.

And this is what I came up with:


I'm actually super proud & happy with how this turned out.
And now I'm going to tell you how I achieved this look! :)

Products used:
- Urban decay primer potion
- Sleek Acid Palette
- Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
- NARS Goldfinger Eyeshadow
- NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
- Revlon ColorStay eyeliner in Black
- Laura Geller GlamLASH Dramatic Volumizing Mascara
- Rimmel London Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown

How I did it:
  1. Apply Urban Decay Primer Potion all over eyelid and under lower lash line. (Doesn't need to be Urban Decay, just use whatever you have!)
  2. Apply NARS Goldfinger (or whatever Gold eyeshadow you have) on inner half of eyelid and sweep all the way into the crease, lightly outlining it.
  3. Use "Candied Violet" from Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette and pat onto the center of the eyelid and blend with Goldfinger.
  4. Use the first shadow from the bottom row of shadows in the Sleek Acid palette which is a mild purple and layer it on top of Candied Violet. Blend it out all the way to the end of the lid.
  5. Use the bright neon green from the Sleek Acid Palette as an inner corner highlight.
  6. Using NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk, line the lower lash line.
  7. Using the dark shimmery blue from the Sleek Acid Palette, start setting the white base from the NYX Jumbo pencil at the outer corner of the lash line.
  8. At the center of the lower lash line, use the shimmery deep teal and blend it in with the dark blue.
  9. This step is optional, but I found that my neon green inner corner highlight faded a bit, so I reapplied the green shadow making it more pronounced.
  10. Now it's time to do the wing! Line your upper lash line as you normally would to make a wing. I wanted to make my wing a little bolder and thicker because since this was already such a daring look, why not do a dramatic wing?
    I used Loreal Colorstay pencil liner since I couldn't find my liquid liner. And then I set the liner with the black shadow from the Sleek Acid Palette. 
  11. Clean up any rough edges with a wet Q-tip or makeup wipe or whatever you have.
  12. Just for a little something extra, I put some of my jumbo pencil on a definer brush and drew a sharp line from the edge of my eyelid right next to the edge of my wing. Using the hot pink from the Sleek Acid Palette, I set the white base with this shadow.
  13. Proceed to line lower waterline in black with eyeliner also. I think using a silver liner here would also make this look very cool ;)
  14. Apply Laura Geller GlamLASH mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
  15. I filled in my brows (hurriedly and scrappily) with Rimmel London Brow Pencil in Dark Brown.



And voila! That is my completed look! Hope you guys like it :)
I really love it and tbh I didn't even want to take my shadow off after I did it lol.

If anyone tries to recreate this look, or do something similar, I'd LOVE to see it :D

Tag me on Instagram or Twitter @makeupandmagic7 :)

Leave me a comment down below or stop by and say hi on my social media! :)
xx

Comments

Popular Posts