❀ RIMMEL LONDON LASTING FINISH COLOUR RUSH INTENSE COLOUR BALM (In Shade 210 - Bloom Chic A Boom) REVIEW + SWATCHES ❀

First off, wow that title was a mouthful wasn't it!?

I'm a huge fan of Rimmel London products so I was pretty excited when I got this.
Before getting into the review, did you guys know that everything from Rimmel is Dermatologically tested?? I didn't know that before and I'm so happy about it because my skin is pretty sensitive :)

Rimmel describes these balms as "A long-lasting intense colour balm in a handy jumbo pencil.
Balm formula offers all-day comfort and a long-lasting surge of moisture."

There are 14 shades in this collection and they all have cute funky names!
You can check them all out here!
The colours range from nudes to bright reds and hot pinks and neutral colours.
There's a little something for everybody :)

The shade I picked up was 210 - Bloom Chic A Boom.
The colour is a super vibrant hot pink.
*The images above look purplish-mauvey because I used my flash and I forgot to take pics in natural light (oopsie).

I've never been brave enough to rock bold lips, but this little treasure was so cute I couldn't resist buying it!


Just look at the adorable packaging on this beauty!


I adore that it's in the form of a chubby stick lip pencil which makes application super easy!


You might think that since it's a balm the claim to be "intense" is exaggerated......well friends, you would be wrong lol.
On to the swatches!!

Here's a swatch on my wrist taken without the flash on my camera. The pigmentation reminds me of a sheer lipstick.
 

Here's a lip swatch taken in natural light. I'm wearing nothing under this (no lip primer or liner). In my opinion this is pretty full coverage stuff.
 

This lip swatch was taken with the flash on. It comes across as a really hot pink or bright purple almost. What I love about this swatch is that you can see how solid the colour is!!


The texture of this lip balm is creamy and smooth. It's so buttery it just glides onto your lips!!
I kid you not ;)

This is really intense colour pay-off for a balm. And I've definitely worn this instead of lipstick on numerous occasions.
It keeps my lips feeling hydrated and it doesn't have a sticky tacky feel.

I've gotten about 3 full hours of wear out of this balm. The staying power of it isn't too great and it won't do too well if you're eating and drinking.
It leaves back a pinkish stain and some of the product settles into the little cracks on your lips if you (like me) have dry lips.
If you plan on wearing this out to dinner or a night out, then I would definitely recommend wearing a lip liner under it OR keeping the product in your purse or bag so you can top-up when you need to.

 Also I've noticed that on the corner of my lips where the dryness is a little more intense; when the balm dries, it kinda flakes off and it gets all crusty.
Now, I don't know if that happens to everyone, it could totally be just me.

I would rate this product a 4/5 in all.
It's great for everyday wear. Maybe to school or to work or just to hang out with friends.
I'm definitely gonna be purchasing more shades from this collection.

What do you guys think?
Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!

xxx

Comments

Popular Posts