RIMMEL LONDON KATE MOSS LASTING FINISH LIPSTICK 107 REVIEW + SWATCHES

I'm a sucker for a good red lipstick but lately I've been wanting to get more out of my comfort zone and try some darker toned wine/blood reds.
I bought my Kate Moss lipstick from here for $4.23!!
I couldn't resist this amazing find so obviously I had to buy it ;)




And just look at the cute packaging!
Now, the picture on the website portrayed this as a deep toned/ox-blood red.
My swatches however.....showed differently.

This was taken with my flash on:



This was taken in natural light:


Okay, so now for the swatches to answer the question everyone wants to know. How do these look on the lips?

Here's how they look on my lips with the flash:


Doesn't it have a kind of mauvey-pink look? To be fair I didn't really layer it on. I just applied like 2 layers because I wanted to see how opaque it was.

Here's how they look on my lips in natural light:



In my opinion, it still looks pink and not wine red. Although this does look redder than the picture taken with the flash.

This lipstick is definitely buildable and I suspect if I actually did layer it on more, it would have been darker.

It's still not as dark as I was hoping though :/

The texture of it is creamy and feels moisturizing.
Though I would still recommend using a lip balm or something if you have naturally dry, chapped lips.
Another thing I'd recommend is use a lip liner!

After a little while, I did notice the lipstick settling into the natural cracks and dry areas on my lips and also sliding off of my lips.
As you might be able to tell from the lip swatch in the picture depicting natural light, some of the lipstick can be seen on the outline of my lips. 

This isn't a long wearing lipstick and you'd have to keep touching it up during intervals if you want it to last for an entire day.

I do think this lipstick is worth the hype and I will definitely be checking out more lipsticks from this line :)

Comments

Popular Posts